It was a black Sunday for a young man identfied as Samuel Udoma, who suffered a tragic incident yesterday while watching the Manchester City versus Chelsea game at a bar in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
According to him, he received a distress call from his neighbors moments after the football match had ended as they informed him that his house was razed down by a heavy fire outbreak.
Read below what he shared on Facebook, narrating how it happened.
Yesterday Sunday March 4th will easily go down as one of my worst days on earth as my room and indeed my entire compound was levelled to ground zero.
I was at Calwino bar for the Man City vs Chelsea game. After the match ended, I decided to sit back and just savour the evening when I got a distress call from my compound at No 10b Afia Etoi Lane,Uyo.
I immediately rushed home and the sight I beheld left me numb and mentally paralyzed for some moments.
A sea of concerned neighbors were attempting a Hollywood styled yet frantic rescue mission on my entire compound which has now been enveloped by a thicket of fire and heavy smokes.
I was speechless and totally lost as to whether for real that was my house burning. Immediately, my credentials flashed in my mind and I stealthily negotiated a manoeuvre to the side yard to see if I could enter my room and rescue one or two things,
but that was to no avail as the fire had already taken hold of my room and things were bursting up and down.
Now totally dejected, all I could do was to stand among the throng of sympathizers and stare with disbelief as my room went down to the powerful embers of the fire.
All efforts by my amateur firefighters to douse the fire with improvised fire repellants proved abortive.
With hope now lost,neighbors started removing things from their apartments for fear of the fire going wild and catching their apartments too.
I was helpless and terrified by the power and destructive efficiency of fire as an agent of mass destruction. The fire purred and purred.
Fire Service arrived about an hour later but before they arrived the fire had orgasm and the fickles were glowing and gleaming like a hot ore all over the building.
Fire Service did indeed poured their water but that could only help mummify the red fire into rich charcoal.
As the site settled with anti climax smokes,I brokenly peeped into my room and it was desolate and totally flat.
All the evidence of long years of hustling,certificates,books,appliances,family pictures,documents all gone.
Right now,am left with just this black polo and shorts that I wore to go watch the match.
Its kinda weird and unbelievable. But I thank God for life of all in the compound that was not lost.With time,am sure everything will begin to shape up again.
See more photos below:-